If you are a Netflix junkie and has got the TiVo device on your side, then here are the guiding steps to use the app on the TiVo device.
TiVo users, what’s going with your TiVo device? As the ultimate streaming partner, the old but classy TiVo streaming device has been one of the major streaming devices in the market. With the high credibility and goodwill, TiVo has also maintained a large percentage of the audience around the world. In the list of users, if you wish to kick start your streaming journey with the streaming box, then do head to TiVo activate if you get any problem related to the activation of your TiVo device.
Apart from having the TiVo device, you can have the guarantee of fine streaming, but for streaming, you should have the best source of content to stream for all the users. And looking at trend and competition, Netflix is one of that ultimate streaming service which is best known for its exclusive and vast lineup of original content.
Well, you can easily stream the Netflix content by accessing the Netflix app on your Tivo device. If you are not aware of the way to use the app on TiVo, then check out the steps below–
- Ensure that the Premiere Series DVR, Roamio Series DVR, BOLT Series UES, or TiVo Mini are running the software version 20.3.8 or the latest version. To check out the software version-
- BOLT Series UES- Head to TiVo Central- Settings & Messages- Help- Account & System Info- System information
- Premiere Series DVR, TiVo Mini, and Roamio Series DVR- Head to TiVo Central- Settings & Messages- Account & System Info- System information
- Usually, the TiVo device automatically downloads the software updates as the routine part of the service connection. If you wish to update manually, then reach to the professionals for better guidance.
- Ensure that the TiVo device is linked with to the TiVo service through Broadband Internet. Note that the dial-up modems and phone connections are not compatible for internet connection.
- After that, ensure that you have subscribed to the Netflix that doesn’t restrict the Watch Instantly priorities. In the case, if you have got subscribed with a limited streaming or a plan, then you will not be able to access the Netflix videos to the TiVo device.
- Ensure that your Premiere Series DVR, Roamio Series DVR, BOLT Series UES or TiVo Mini is running the software version 20.7.1 or higher will also be compatible with the Text to Speech or Accessibility: Screen Reader.
Check out all the compatible devices with Netflix-
- BOLT Series UES
- Premiere Series DVR
- TiVo Mini
- Roamio Series DVR
- Series3/HD DVRs
- All the TiVo devices which are running the software version 20.3.8 or advanced access a latest HTML version of the Netflix. There are some of the noticing additions in the HTML version-
DIAL- The Discover and Launch protocol is a group set of the open-source standards accessed for the latest HTML version of the Netflix. DIAL provides the ability to search out Netflix videos son the mobile device and unlock all of the videos on the DIAL-compatible TiVo devices. To access this feature, the TiVo device and the mobile device should be on the same network. However, they don’t need to be paired.
Netflix Kids- When you head to start the HTML version of Netflix, you get the choice of Netflix kids and Netflix. In the child’s friendly collection, all the featured videos are appropriate for all the users of age 12 and under.
Setting up of Netflix-
- Firstly, head on to press the TiVo button on the remote to access the TiVo Central.
- After that, head to choose Find TV, Videos, and Movies.
- Now, head to choose Netflix
- After following the above steps, you will get the option of having a free trial or logging into the current Netflix account.
- If you are already not a member, then you can head to set up the membership online.
Unlinking the Netflix from the TiVo device
- Head to TiVo Central — Settings & Messages – Help — Account & System Info – Video Provider Accounts — Netflix Account Management — Deactivate this device.
- Head to TiVo Central — Settings & Messages — Account & System Info — Netflix Account Info — Deactivate this device.
3. Roamio, Mini, Premiere
- Head to TiVo Central — Settings & Messages — Account & System Info — Video Provider Accounts — Netflix Account Management — Deactivate this device.
Still, if you have any query or issue, just head to the TiVo Customer Support team to get the professional help and assistance.